Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The first 7-8 months

We sure have had a very exciting first 7-8 months of pregnancy.

John David and I took our 1 year anniversary trip to Las Vegas the first week of November (2008). The entire time we were there I kept telling John David I was tired and was constantly asking if I could just lay down and rest for 15 minutes. When we came home that weekend I took 2 pregnancy tests and both came back positive. The next week we went to the doctor and sure enough, 7 weeks pregnant!!!! We were pretty surprised.

At the 19 week mark, we found out that we are having a baby boy!!! Soon we decided to name him Pearce Hauser. Pearce is my maiden name and Hauser is John David's grandfather's last name. At 21 weeks I was suprisingly awarded the Middle GA Association of Realtors Rookie of the Year and Fickling and Company's Rookie of the Year Award. Little Pearce was in attendance! I feel truely blessed and give all honor to the Lord in receiving this award. I certainly could not have made it through my first year in Real Estate without faith in the Lord.

At 26 weeks we traveled to Montgomery, AL to visit Jan and Jeff, John David's aunt and uncle. The next day we ventured further to Mobile to attend our dear friends Leslie and Nathan Jackson's wedding! We had a blast!! It was a great mini vacation for us!!!

Most recently we were selected to participate in a Best Buy benefits video. At 29 weeks, we traveled to Minneapolis, MN. The trip was amazing, but with lots of walking! We visited the Best Buy Corporate Headquarters, Mall of America and filmed a Best Buy benefits video. The shooting of the video was quite an experience complete with make-up, professional production crew and lights!!!

Today was my last doctor's visit before I begin going to the doctor every 2 weeks. We cannot believe that the pregnancy has gone by so fast! Only about 9.5 weeks left! He will be here before we know it.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Katie and JD! We are so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, this is going to be fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! Congrats on your awards! Wishing you a healthy few weeks until Pearce is here!! Love, Cristin Kirbo

    ReplyDelete